Some motivation from the doctor.
I definitely needed this right now!
I was actually doing homework, love this!
I have a math test tomorrow. I needed it.
Probably one of the most motivational things I’ve seen on Tumblr so far
bold what’s true about you
I am under 18.
I am a cuddler.
I am a morning person.
I am an only child.
I am currently in my pajamas.
I am currently pregnant.
I am left handed.
l am right handed.
I am ambidextrous.
I am a little shy around the opposite sex.
I bite my nails.
I can be paranoid at times.
I enjoy folk music.
I enjoy smoothies.
I enjoy talking on the phone.
I have a car.
I have/had a hard time paying attention at school.
I have a hidden talent.
I have a pet.
I have a tendency to fall for the “wrong” guy/girl.
I have all my grandparents.
I have been to another country.
I have been told that I have an unusual sense of humor.
I have or had broken a bone.
I have bathed someone.
I have changed a diaper.
I have changed a lot over the past year.
I have friends who have never seen my natural hair color.
I have had major/minor surgery.
I have killed another person.
I have had my hair cut within the last week.
I have mood swings.
I have no idea what I want to do for the rest of my life.
I have rejected someone before.
I like the taste of blood.
I like Michael Jackson.
I love sleeping.
I love to shop.
I own 100 CDs or more.
I own and use a library card.
I read books for pleasure in my spare time.
I sleep a lot during the day.
I watch soap operas on a regular basis.
I work at a job that I enjoy.
I would get plastic surgery if it were 100% safe, free of cost, and scar-free.
I am wearing socks.
I am tired.
I love to paint/draw/sketch/sculpt.
I consume at least one alcoholic drink every month.
Ridden every ride at an amusement park.
Collected something really stupid.
Gone to a concert.
Spun turn tables.
Watched four movies in one night.
Been broken up with.
Taken a college level course.
Been in a car accident.
Been in a tornado.
Been in a hurricane.
Been in a cyclone
Watched someone die.
Been to a funeral.
Ran a marathon.
Your parents got divorced.
Cried yourself to sleep.
Spent over $200 in one day.
Cheated on someone.
Been cheated on.
Written a 10 page letter.
Had a best friend.
Lost someone you loved.
Gotten in trouble for something you didn’t do.
Stolen books from the library.
Been in a mental hospital.
Watched the “Harry Potter” movies.
Fired a gun.
Been in a school play.
Been fired from a job.
Taken a lie detector test.
Swam with dolphins.
Read more than 20 books a year.
Gone to Europe.
Loved someone you couldn’t have.
Used a coloring book over age 12.
Taken a taxi.
Had more than 5 online conversations going at once.
Had a hamster.
Dyed your hair.
Had something pierced.
Gotten straight A’s.
My hair is naturally the color:
My eyes are:
People sometimes label me as:
Some of my biggest fears are:
Being alone in the dark.
Oceans/large bodies of water.
A friend with benefits.
A laptop in my room.
A television in my room (but it’s not functional at the moment)
My own car.
Parents who are still married.
A game console.
WHAT WAS YOUR:
1. Last Beverage: hot chocolate
2. Last phone call: the family, they had me on speaker on the house phone
3. Last text message: Kevin
4. Last song you listened to: Treasure, Bruno Mars
5. Last time I cried: Friday, but it was a happy cry cuz I almost got a perfect score on my exit exam :D
HAVE YOU EVER:
6. Dated someone twice: sort of? not officially dated but I’ve been involved with the same guy on more than one occasion
7. Been cheated on: not that I know of, but I kinda suspect? especially cuz even though we’re friends now he won’t give me a straight answer as to why he broke up with me
8. Kissed anyone and regretted it: yup. only thing I regret in my life was a kiss
9. Lost someone special: yep
10. Been depressed: not diagnosably but probably
11. Been drunk and threw up: the two were not related
LIST THREE FAVORITE COLORS:
12-14. Three favourite colours: blue, purple, and gold
IN THE LAST YEAR, HAVE YOU:
15. Made a new friend: yes, lots!
16. Fallen out of love: yup.
17. Laughed until you cried: yes
18. Met someone who changed you?: a good few
19. Found out who your true friends are: I think so
20. Found out someone was talking about you: ohhh yeah
21. Kissed anyone on your FB list: a few, yeah
22. How many people you know irl on your FB list: almost all of them, some are Disney friends that I’m going to meet in a few months
23. Do you have any pets: my Aussie shepherd puppy Ranger is at home, and then my roommate’s boxer terriers, Zoey and Luna, live at our apartment so they’re kinda mine right now
24. Do you want to change your name: only when I get married
25. What did you do for your last birthday party: hahahahahahaha let’s not got there
26. What time did you wake up today: 7:25
27. What were you doing at midnight last night: talking to a boy and finishing editing my DisneyBound photos
28. Name something you cannot wait for: graduationnnnn
30. Last time you saw your mother: Tuesday
31. What is one thing you wish you could change about your life: my lack of motivation
32. What are you listening to: I’m pretending to listen to something on my computer but I’m actually listening to the inane sorority girls surrounding me in the coffee shop
33. Have you ever talked to a person named Tom: that’s my dad’s name so yeah xD
34. What’s getting on your nerves right now: my senior sem professor
35. Most visited webpage: probably Facebook, then Tumblr, then Gmail
36. Blood type: I forgot
37. Nickname: uhh Pepper/Pep/Peps, princess, bunky, Little Medley, and now apparently Rhythmic Medley/Lil Brit thanks to DCX
38. Relationship Status: single (but maybe not for long?)
39. Zodiac sign: gemini
40. Pronouns: she/her/herself
41. Elementary: Pemberton
42. Highschool: Godwin (and Henrico for three years)
44. Hair colour: golden brown
45. Long or short: it’s the longest I’ve ever had it but it’s still only just past my shoulders
46. Height: 5’6”
47. Do you have a crush on someone: mhmm
48. What do you like about yourself: most things
49. Tattoos: have none, want a few, but not til I’m sure my entertainment career at Disney is caput
50. Right-handed or left-handed: right-handed
51. First surgery: wisdom teeth
52. First piercing: ears
53. First best friend: Ally
54. First sport you joined: soccer
55. First vacation: Disney World, for my 2nd birthday
56. First pair of trainers: probably white with flowers on them. they also may have lit up xD
58. Eating: just finished my Acorn sammich - ham, bacon, turkey, provolone, and baked original Lays on a hoagie roll
60. Drinking: just finished my hot chocolate
61. I’m about to watch: DWTS is tonight, does that count?
62. Listening to: sorority girls talking about their weekend escapades at the table next to me
63. Waiting for: it to be time to go to class
64. Want kids: not at the moment, but eventually yes, 2 please - one of each. maybe 3.
65. Get married: again, not right now, but yes, and preferably in the next five years
66. Career: something at Disney, hopefully in management of some kind
WHICH IS BETTER:
67. Lips or eyes: eyes
68. Hugs or kisses: depends on how good a kisser he is
69. Shorter or taller: taller
70. Older or younger: older 71.Romantic or spontaneous: both
72. Nice stomach or nice arms: arms
73. Sensitive or loud: those are opposites? I’ll take both in different situations; I’m hell loud sometimes and he needs to be able to keep up with me
74. Hook-up or relationship: relationship.
HAVE YOU EVER:
76. Kissed a stranger: depends on your definition of stranger
77. Drank hard liquor: literally all the time
78. Lost glasses/contact lenses: not unless sunglasses count
79. Sex on first date: nope
80. Broken someone’s heart: apparently left and right
81. Had heart broken: yep
82. Been arrested: nope
83. Turned someone down: yep
84. Cried when someone died: yep
85. Fallen for a friend: yes
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
86. Yourself: mostly
87. Miracles: sometimes
88. Love at first sight: maybe
89. Heaven: yeah I think so
90. Santa Claus: when I was younger
91. Kiss on first date: as long as it goes well
92. Angels: definitely
As I’m walking through Target with my little sister, the kid somehow manages to convince me to take a trip down the doll aisle. I know the type - brands that preach diversity through displays of nine different variations of white and maybe a black girl if you’re lucky enough. What I instead found as soon as I turned into the aisle were these two boxes.
The girl on the left is Shola, an Afghani girl from Kabul with war-torn eyes. Her biography on the inside flap tells us that “her country has been at war since before she was born”, and all she has left of her family is her older sister. They’re part of a circus, the one source of light in their lives, and they read the Qur’an. She wears a hijab.
The girl on the right is Nahji, a ten-year-old Indian girl from Assam, where “young girls are forced to work and get married at a very early age”. Nahji is smart, admirable, extremely studious. She teaches her fellow girls to believe in themselves. In the left side of her nose, as tradition mandates, she has a piercing. On her right hand is a henna tattoo.
As a Pakistani girl growing up in post-9/11 America, this is so important to me. The closest thing we had to these back in my day were “customizable” American Girl dolls, who were very strictly white or black. My eyes are green, my hair was black, and my skin is brown, and I couldn’t find my reflection in any of those girls. Yet I settled, just like I settled for the terrorist jokes boys would throw at me, like I settled for the butchered pronunciations of names of mine and my friends’ countries. I settled for a white doll, who at least had my eyes if nothing else, and I named her Rabeea and loved her. But I still couldn’t completely connect to her.
My little sister, who had been the one to push me down the aisle in the first place, stopped to stare with me at the girls. And then the words, “Maybe they can be my American Girls,” slipped out of her mouth. This young girl, barely represented in today’s society, finally found a doll that looks like her, that wears the weird headscarf that her grandma does and still manages to look beautiful.
I turned the dolls’ boxes around and snapped a picture of the back of Nahji’s. There are more that I didn’t see in the store; a Belarusian, an Ethiopian, a Brazilian, a Laotian, a Native American, a Mexican. And more.
These are Hearts 4 Hearts dolls, and while they haven’t yet reached all parts of the world (I think they have yet to come out with an East Asian girl), they need all the support they can get so we can have a beautiful doll for every beautiful young girl, so we can give them what our generation never had.
Please don’t let this die. If you know a young girl, get her one. I know I’m buying Shola and Nahji for my little sister’s next birthday, because she needs a doll with beautiful brown skin like hers, a doll who wears a hijab like our older sister, a doll who wears real henna, not the blue shit white girls get at the beach.
The Hearts 4 Hearts girls are so important. Don’t overlook them. Don’t underestimate them. These can be the future if we let them.
You can read more about the dolls here: http://www.playmatestoys.com/brands/hearts-for-hearts-girls
i want to achieve “she’s adorable and i will protect her at all costs but also i am slightly frightened by her power”
Did a little take on Jock from Lady and the Tramp to lounge around the apartment last night. The plaid is a tribute to his heritage, and also they’re just damn cute socks xD Also tried to prove boy wrong by showing that yes, in fact, earrings and beanies can work together :P
bluest fucking eyes I’ve ever seen
I cannot right now
'buy me pizza and touch my butt' no
make me a delicious filet mignon with blue cheese crust and homemade chips then pop open an expensive bottle of wine and bang me into next week
i am an aDULT